Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade from C90W to Axiom keep other devices
04-26-17, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-17 03:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Upgrade from C90W to Axiom keep other devices
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Brian,

Q1. Will the axiom support my radar E55049 cable or should I look for a later version?
A1. Yes ... the Axiom MFDs are designed to support all models or radomes and open array pedestals which had been designed for use with C-Series Widescreen MFDs.

Q2. Will the seatalk 1 to seatalk ng converter kit part E22158 cover the other devices?
A2. A SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter will indeed be used to bridged data between the SeaTalk bus and the SeaTalkng backbone. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should the DST800 be analog, then no changes need be made to how it has been interfaced to the system. However, should the DST800 be a NMEA 0183 transducer, then a NMEA 0183 to SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 data bridging device (ex. Actisense NGW-1-ISO-STNG, etc.) will need to be installed between the transducer and a spur socket within the backbone. Should the DST800 be a NMEA 2000 transducer, then it will simply be interfaced to a spur socket within the backbone.

Q3. How is my current setup sending out to the NMEA 0183 for the VHF GPS signal?
A3. It is possible that the NMEA 0183 output leads have been interfaced to the NMEA 0183 input leads of the third party VHF radio to supply it with GPS data. As the Axiom MFDs do not have a NMEA 0183 communications interface, it is recommended that the SeaTalkng backbone additionally include an E70196 VHF NMEA 0183 to STng Converter to supply the VHF radio with GPS data.

Q4. Can I put the E22158 mg backbone into the back of my navpod and connect the existing wire runs into from there or is there an upgrade needed further down the lines requiring pulling down my headliners and routing new cables.
A4. The constructed SeaTalkng backbone should included the SPX30, which will be disconnected from the SeaTalk bus. It would then possible to chase backbone cable into the pod, where it will may then be interfaced to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter to support interfacing the ST7002 and ST60 Instruments. Following installation, it is strongly recommended that the SPX30's be updated with the latest available Raymarine product software update.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrade from C90W to Axiom keep other devices - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-26-17 03:17 PM