The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identifying this Speed Transducer Insert, Help! Lots of pics.
04-28-17, 03:45 PM
Identifying this Speed Transducer Insert, Help! Lots of pics.
TL;DR, I need to identify this speed transducer for a replacement or suitable substitute, or blank (o rings for blank). 5 Pin, going to Raytheon ST 60 Tridata. Full Story Below.

I have found myself in a bit of a mystery that I am trying to solve. We have a 1999 Gemini 105M that has a Raytheon Tridata ST 60 with Autohelm Branding. The Speed transducer stopped working on us, and when trying to service it, it physically broke upon removal. The boat was thankfully out of the water.

So the pictures are of both the transducer (with plastic broken off of the top) and the blank. So I cannot re-insert the transducer insert because it is broken. The blank had bad O-rings, and the replacement O-rings are too large. There is absolutely nothing identifying them, on the cable or anywhere on the plastic.

On the Gemini it is in a thruhull brass fitting. Approximately 2" thruhull. I tried capping the thruhull with a brass cap with something that was very close in size, but it was just slightly too small.

So at this point I have an open thruhull. Aside from removing the fitting and glassing the area, I am trying to find a replacement. In the next season or 2 we will be replacing the electronics, but we do not want to do that yet. I am trying to find a replacement transducer, a replacement blank, or at least know the correct O-rings for the blank.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Identifying this Speed Transducer Insert, Help! Lots of pics. - enzeno - 04-28-17 03:45 PM