The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HS5 + NMEA2K +
05-14-17, 09:16 AM
HS5 + NMEA2K +
If I have read the threads correctly, I think I am on the right track. My plan is to tie all of my Raymarine systems (Radar, GPS, MFD's) into the HS5 Network Switch and then bring my NMEA data (AIS, Yamaha, VHF, Fuel Flow etc) into the NMEA port on my Master MFD.

My other idea was...Could you potentially tie the NMEA info into the High Speed port on the HS5 switch using the SeatalkNG to NMEA adapter?

Or is there a better solution?

Axiom #1 is my Chartplotter Radar
Axiom $2 is my Sonar

Any difference in which I choose as the master?

I have an older A70D that I will use as a back-up and could potentially tie into the net. It has a P58 Transducer hooked to that one and am thinking I might Y-out the connection and route my 50/200 info into my Axiom MFD as well. Do you see any benefit to this? I can always display that data on the A70D and do not necessarily need the additional sonar pic. I will use this as a back-up chartplotter as well, since it has Navionics too.

I now understand why Marine Electronic installers bill what they do. Glad most of my systems are new and compatible :)

Thanks again for all of the great info!!!

~R~
Randall Tyle
Eugene, OR
26' Grady White
"Ten Year Plan"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HS5 + NMEA2K + - Randar - 05-14-17 09:16 AM
RE: HS5 + NMEA2K + - Randar - 05-15-17, 05:07 PM
RE: HS5 + NMEA2K + - Randar - 05-16-17, 10:28 PM
RE: HS5 + NMEA2K + - Randar - 05-18-17, 05:16 AM