Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
es127 transducer
05-18-17, 08:51 AM
RE: es127 transducer
MPC,

Q1. What about all these settings, I read the manual but I am unsure as to speed offset, depth, temperature!
A1. The speed transducer selection and speed offset would only apply to fishfinder transducers which feature or have been accessorized with a separate fishfinder speed/temp transducer. If equipped with such, then the Speed Transducer setting would need to be configured to match the model of speed/temp fishfinder transducer which had been installed. The speed offset is simply used to adjust the reported speed up or down to match the boat's actual speed through water. The B60 transducer does not feature a speed through water paddlewheel and as such the speed offset feature would not apply unless a separate speed/temp fishinder transducer has been installed onboard. The Temperature Offset is simply used to adjust the reported water temperature up or down to match the actual water temperature. Sonar systems are designed to report depth below the transducer by default. Often a negative offset will be applied by the operator to account for depth that a keel or running gear may extend below the depth of the transducer. Sometimes a positive offset will be applied by the operator to account for depth below the waterline to permit the system to report the system to report the depth of the water as measured from waterline rather than the depth of the water from the level of the transducer. None of these settings would have any effect upon finding fish.

Q2. Is there going to be an upgrade to Lighthouse 3 ?
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q3. If so what transducer do you recommend to add to what I already have?
A3. Transducer changes would not be driven by the updating the MFD's software to LH3. It is recommended that the items specified within my prior response be addressed to provide better fishfinding capability. Should the problem persist, then you may want to consider installing an A102138 P58 Transom Mounted Depth/Speed/Temp Transducer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
es127 transducer - MPC - 05-17-17, 08:22 AM
RE: es127 transducer - MPC - 05-17-17, 01:19 PM
RE: es127 transducer - MPC - 05-17-17, 03:03 PM
RE: es127 transducer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-18-17 08:51 AM
RE: es127 transducer - MPC - 05-18-17, 06:54 PM