Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E120 Classic and Network Update to STng
06-14-17, 02:17 PM
RE: E120 Classic and Network Update to STng
Kevin,

I had no luck in contacting you at the number provided.

The E-Series Classic MFDs had very limited support for SeaTalkng diagnostics. Support did not include listing SeaTalkng devices and the symptom reported when commanding the MFD to list the SeaTalkng devices does not surprise me. Should a SeaTalk bus including SeaTalk device be interfaced to the MFD, then the MFD will be able to produce a list of the SeaTalk devices from the MFD's diagnostics options. However, it may be necessary to execute the command more than once as some of the devices on the SeaTalk bus may not be listed. It should be noted that the MFD will not list SeaTalk devices which have been interfaced to the system via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.

Within each of the diagrams provided, the AIS650 is shown as being powered/connected to the SeaTalk bus ... this is not correct. The AIS650 should be powered from another 12V source.

Within each of your diagrams, LEN loading within the SeaTalkng backbones must located within a spur socket positioned at the approximate midpoint of the backbone's LEN load.

Within each of your diagrams, it is noted that these are fairly large SeaTalk busses. It may be advisable to power the SeaTalk bus from both ends to ensure sufficient power. Should the S3 be powering the SeaTalk bus, then it would be recommended that the 12V circuit supplying power to the autopilot also supply power the the opposite end of the SeaTalk bus.

I would not recommend Proposed(1) should the SeaTalk bus be already in place ... primarily because you are currently cruising and it may require greater installation activity and risk. Instead, chose either of the other two solutions lacking the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converters.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: E120 Classic and Network Update to STng - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-14-17 02:17 PM