Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G SERIES WAS UPDATED BUT CHANGED DISPLAY LAYOU APPEARANCE
06-21-17, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-17 10:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: G SERIES WAS UPDATED BUT CHANGED DISPLAY LAYOU APPEARANCE
ok, so, from what I am reading... it seems that perhaps this unit was updated to ver 4.49? if that is the case... 3 questions:
1- how can I go back to the prior revision?
2- if its possible... how do I do it, and where can I get the older download version?
3- again...IF its possible to go back, what will I loose in features/functions (if any) that version 4.49 affords?

Perhaps Its just a matter of getting use to the "look", but I can tell you that in bright sunlight, its hard too see the color dots, thats why the color bar was so much better.

also- since I have so many tracks/routes/wp's in the unit now, how can I safely back them up in case I need to refresh this software... can I simply erase all data thats loaded onto the spare memeory card I have, set unit to "remove card" status, insert the now-blank card- backup the tracks/routes/wps to the card, and then save that as the "data files" card. then take the card thats currently running the machine and backgrade it to the old sofware version, reboot, go to remove card status, insert the "data card" and restore tracks/route,wps" from that card?
Thanks so much.
Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: G SERIES WAS UPDATED BUT CHANGED DISPLAY LAYOU APPEARANCE - dmahler - 06-21-17 08:48 AM