Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Ray60 connect to Axiom 9RV though a SeaTalking Backbone?
06-23-17, 03:27 PM
RE: Will Ray60 connect to Axiom 9RV though a SeaTalking Backbone?
wavedweller,

Q1. If I switch to a Ray 60 VHF, will I be able to connect it to my two Axiom 9RV MDF though my SeaTalking Backbone for full Ray 60 functionality?
A1. As the Ray60 features a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface, it may indeed be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone.

Q2. Without the use of a NMEA 0183-STNG Converter so I can keep my data source selection functionality?
A2. Should the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter have been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software update then it will not block data source selection. Rather than replace your VHF radio, you may want to consider bringing the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter to your Raymarine dealer to have its software updated ... recommend contacting them first. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing other means of updating product software in systems which presently feature an Axiom MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Ray60 connect to Axiom 9RV though a SeaTalking Backbone? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-23-17 03:27 PM