The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSM300 transducer problem
03-13-16, 08:37 PM
DSM300 transducer problem
I have a question about my DSM300 and P319 through hull transducer. I think I know the answer, but just want to double check.

At first, my DSM300 wasn't communicating with the E120 multifunction. I got that fixed by correcting the installation. Now, I still can communicate with the E120 and DSM300, but the transducer stops pinging. It's disabled, and I can't turn it back on.

It will work for a while, then stop. I checked the DSM300, and the led blinks amber for 1 blink. The manual says transducer is not communicating. So, I guess this means that the transducer is bad, and needs replaced?

The other thing is, my boat has twin outboards, and one battery for each, and one house battery for the electronics. I have a refrigerator that also runs off of this, and the water in my battery was a little low. I can't seem to find where my E120 will display the battery voltage. Could a low voltage condition also cause this? Replacing the battery is a lot easier than pulling the boat out of the water and replacing the transducer. I plan on charging the battery tonight, then check the battery voltage in the morning with a good DVM.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
DSM300 transducer problem - tmitchell5188 - 03-13-16 08:37 PM