Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
e125 connection to AP300 Auto Pilot
07-24-17, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-17 09:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: e125 connection to AP300 Auto Pilot
Chuck,
I have the NMEA 0183 wires connected as you suggest, I also have a second set of NMEA 0183 wires connected to the input ports of the e-125 MFD power cord from the output MNEA 0183 port of the AP300.
The auto pilot sees the information from the MFD ( waypoints etc.) the MFD sees and displays the HEADING information from the auto pilot compass. The problem I have is that if I select a waypoint to FOLLOW the from the MFD and then press STOP FOLLOW the MFD stops the follow momentarily and then a "Phantom Waypoint" appears close to the original waypoint that has a "N" designation instead of an "X" designation. Then if I press Stop Follow again the Phantom waypoint momentarily disappears but then reappears and I cannot get rid of it. The only way to get rid of it is to power off the AP300. Also this problem does not happen if I disconnect the MNEA 0183 output connection from the auto pilot to the MFD, but then I do not get any HEADING information or display. Can you please help me solve this problem?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: e125 connection to AP300 Auto Pilot - Offshore Dave - 07-24-17 09:20 AM