Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash Log from Axiom 9 for your records
07-27-17, 07:41 PM
RE: Crash Log from Axiom 9 for your records
AWESOME! Thanks Chuck and thanks to the whole staff. This is customer service!

I downloaded the .iso file and will upgrade my Axiom on Friday. After the crashes I got the Navionics+ chart files below 2GB in size on the uSD card. It was 5GB. I loaded only the charts in waters where I sail (70MB).

Last time out, using the smaller chart file, I performed a power cycle (turned off breaker and counted to 5 and switched back on) with the Axiom running the chart app. When the MFD first powered itself back up, it skipped the two splash screens (Axiom and LHIII), and presented a screen with four boot options, "bootloader" was one option I seem to recall. There was an obvious selection that booted LH 3 okay and it ran without a glitch all day. Maybe my power cycle duration was the magic number.

Also noted last time out that when panning or zooming a chart on the chart app that the mfd quickly displays a low res chart and then refreshes it with the full res chart in a flash (normal ops and most time it straight to high res if not a big jump in pan or zoom). On a few occasions, small sections of the displayed chart never updated to full resolution until the chart zoom level was changed. Was in course up, relative motion, full offset. I realized I had turned off chart boundary lines so couldn't tell if the small, low res portion, was a new chart that was being read in from the SD card. I'm assuming Navionics is providing a microSD card with adequate read speed...

Q1 Are crashes appended or should I delete the crash file prior to the upgrade?
Q2 Do I need to also load the official release of LH III when it is released in a few days?

Thanks again to you and the team.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crash Log from Axiom 9 for your records - Dan_Y - 07-27-17 07:41 PM