Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL70/RD218 not showing targets
09-12-17, 10:25 PM
RE: SL70/RD218 not showing targets
I also have an SL70 radar that is not showing targets. But with some different results after running the built in test. The Cable Test Status is always a Fail. All other tests = Pass, with what appear to be good numbers in all of the fields.
I have also done a resistance check per the attachment in one of the other threads in this forum. There are no opens in the cable. I have checked all 4 signals, Video, Azimuth, Data I/O and Trigger from end to end reading from the round connector on the display through the scanner as indicated in the attachment.
I also removed the Molex connector on the scanner shorted pins 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, and 7&8 and read 3 or 4 ohms from the appropriate pins on the round connector. I have a 25 meter cable.
I then read the same above Molex connector pins for the 4 signals on the scanner Molex connector back through the display circuitry with the round connector attached to the display and saw 150 ohms for all 4 signal lines. So I'm very confident that I don't have an open cable.
I find the posts in this forum to be very informative and useful. However, I am now stumped and could use your help.

Thanks,

Ken
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SL70/RD218 not showing targets - DreamQuest - 09-12-17 10:25 PM