The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Networking two e97 MFDs
09-25-17, 05:46 AM
Networking two e97 MFDs
We have purchased two E97 MFDs. One is to be dedicated to Charting and the other dedicated to Sonar (Fish finder). We have no other electronics on board to network into these MFDs. These are already installed and have individual power connected and working. We are not using any of the data lines that is bundled into the power cable. From what information I am able to get from this forum, it appears that a SeaNet cable is what we need to buy to connect the two units so that we can share Waypoints. The Fishfinding mode is very good at picking waypoints as we travel over a spot that has a good bottom and need to get that number over to the Charting MFD. My questions are

1. Is the SeaNet cable the best way to connect the two MFDs?
2. Does it matter which SeaNet connector we connect this cable to on the back of the MFD?
3. Does the software automatically detect the multiple MFDs and prompt the user to Master/Slave relationship?
4. How does a user determine which MFD SD2 card is used for waypoints and screen capture?

Is there a user manual or some installation guide that I may have missed that would help us through this installation?

Thanks Chuck
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Networking two e97 MFDs - semnet - 09-25-17 05:46 AM
RE: Networking two e97 MFDs - semnet - 12-04-17, 07:17 AM