The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixed network connections
10-04-17, 03:26 PM
Mixed network connections
I've recently purchased a complete Raymarine suiteto refit my Sea Ray 40' Sundancer. It includes, Axiom 12 with 3D RealVision with a pair of RV-220 transducers, Axiom 7, Evo 400 Autopilot with P70RS head, I70s instrument, Quantum 24 radar and Ray70 VHF Ive attached what I see as the networking and power plan for the setup for your review. I'm not quite sure if I should be interfacing the SeaTalk 5-way connector to the HS5 hub or if I can connect through the NMEA interface on the back of the Axiom 12 with the proper adapter cable. I'm powering the backbone through the Autopilot which will be providing power to the EVO sensor, I70s and P70Rs.
The transducers will not be installed until the next haul-out and I'm temporarily using by ST60 Tridata for depth sounding. Can I use a SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng adapter to provide that data in the meantime...and assume it will be powered by the backbone? I also have an ITC-5 converter and was wondering if the transducer (B744VL Airmar partno# 10-10193-01) which was providing data to my old Garmin 5212 could be used via that route. This would be in lieu of the Tridata....and would just be temporary. Thanks in advance for your comments.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Mixed network connections - mka1957 - 10-04-17 03:26 PM
RE: Mixed network connections - mka1957 - 10-04-17, 04:20 PM