Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ST6001 Calibration Issues
01-27-20, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 01-27-20 09:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] ST6001 Calibration Issues
Jon,

E12120 is the part number for Raymarine's legacy SmartPilot S1 S1G System Packs. The SmartPilot course (S1G, S2G, and S3G) all featured a gyro affixed to the course computer's processor board ... this is not an external component. Gyro assisted variants of the Type 150, Type 400, S1, S2, and S3 autopilots were introduced as for those seeking maximum autopilot performance. As indicated within another thread in which I had addressed this subject, the gyro's cable may simply be unplugged from the autopilot course computer's circuit board. This action will effectively permit the autopilot to perform as a non-gyro assisted autopilot (i.e. S1, S2, or S3). As indicated within my earlier response parts (including replacement gyros) and service are no longer available for these autopilot course computers.

Should the autopilot's gyro have failed and should you be seeking an equivalent Evolution autopilot core pack (EV-1, Actuator Control Unit, p70RS or P70S autopilot control head, and Evolution cabling pack) replacement, then it would be necessary to have you identify the model of autopilot steering actuator which is presently installed onboard. A SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit may be used to interface the SeaTalk bus to which the C80 MFD has been interfaced to the Evolution autopilot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ST6001 Calibration Issues - tpburt - 11-16-17, 03:18 PM
RE: [CA11] ST6001 Calibration Issues - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-27-20 09:04 AM