Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom 7 can only download 81 waypoints
12-04-17, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-17 01:38 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Axiom 7 can only download 81 waypoints
Wayne,

Unfortunately, the updated file is not importing correctly into the Axiom MFD.
Upon inspection of the file, it was determined that the waypoints Cayman Salvage M, Cayman Salvage MA, Cayman Salvager, Eastern Dry Rock, Long Key Viaduct, Western Dry Rock had been duplicated (in some cases the letter case was different ... however, the LightHouse 3 software is not sensitive with respect to letter case (ex. "B" and "b" are treated as the same letter with respect to sensing of duplicate names) several times within your GPX file.

At this time, Raymarine's LightHouse II v19.03 software is much more accepting of GPX files having the flaw listed above, than is LightHouse 3 v3.3.101. As a workaround, I commanded a MFD running LightHouse II v19.03 software to import your Nov25-Summerland copy.gpx file. Each time that the MFD encountered a duplicate waypoint during the import process, the MFD was commanded to create a new waypoint having a slightly different name. All 2305 waypoints from your GPX file were then able to be successfully imported into the MFD running LightHouse II v19.03 software. I then commanded the MFD running LightHouse II v19.03 software to export the waypoint data within its memory to a new GPX file (Waypoints.gpx). I then inserted the microSD memory card containing the file Waypoints.gpx into the Axiom MFD running v3.3.101 software and found that the waypoint data was then able to be successfully imported into the Axiom MFD. I will e-mail the Waypoints.gpx file to you.

Please click here to view a related thread addressing an issue recently uncovered when importing GPX files exported by Voyage Planner.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Axiom 7 can only download 81 waypoints - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-04-17 01:37 PM