Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] System upgrade to new Axiom 9's, auto pilot, radar.
12-06-17, 12:01 PM
RE: System upgrade to new Axiom 9's, auto pilot, radar.
Brian,

Q1. My current Raymarine autopilot set-up includes a type one hydraulic drive unit, 12V with 3 ports labeled B, R, A. The vessel has a SeaStar BA150-7ATM (HC5314). If I purchase the EV-200 bundle that contains the EV-200 Power Auto Pilot, EV-1 Sensor Core, P70R Control Head and Evolution Cabling kit, less drive and rudder reference, will it be compatible with my existing drive and rudder reference transducer? More importantly, is the EV-200 the correct choice?
A1. Both the EV-150 and EV-200 are designed for use with the Type 1 Hydraulic Pump, which would have been recommended for use with a hydraulic steering ram having the cubic capacity of your vessel's HC5314 ram. Should a Type 1 Hydraulic Pump have been installed onboard and should the vessel feature a 12V power distribution system for the marine electronics, then it would be recommended that an EV-150 Power (components must be individually purchased) rather than an EV-200 Power be purchased, thereby providing a cost savings. The components which would make up the equivalent of an EV-150 Power follow:
- E70096 EV-1 CCU
- E70430 ACU-150
- E70329 p70RS
- R70160 Evolution Cable Pack

The rudder reference transducer designed for use with the SmartPilots is also compatible with the Evolution Autopilots

Q2. Does the Axiom series support the BR150 for Sirius weather?
A2. Support for SiriusXM Satellite Weather is expected to be introduced within LightHouse 3 v3.3.x (currently expected to be released in late Q4) for the Axiom and Axiom Pro MFDs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: System upgrade to new Axiom 9's, auto pilot, radar. - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-06-17 12:01 PM