Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] System upgrade to new Axiom 9's, auto pilot, radar.
12-12-17, 03:17 PM
RE: System upgrade to new Axiom 9's, auto pilot, radar.
Brian,

General comment regarding the system diagram ... the diagram looks fairly good save one item. While it is acceptable for an ACU-200/400 to supply power to the backbone of a small system (ex. MFD and Evolution autopilot components), it is considered a best installation practice to instead power the SeaTalkng backbone via a SeaTalkng Power Cable which has been interfaced to a spur socket positioned at the approximate midpoint of the backbone's LEN load.

Q1a. Are these transducers compatible with an ITC-5?
A1a. Yes
Q1b. If so, would I be able to use these with an i70s display?
A1b. Yes. If an ITC-5 is installed within a system, then in i70/i70S MFID must also be installed within the system.

Q2. What is the advantage of networking the transducers through an ITC-5 vs wiring them straight to the Raydata (assuming the Raydata can be networked, see attached)?
A2. Multi-point speed calibration would be possible for speed (STW) transducers which have been interfaced to an iTC-5. This will permit the reported speed (STW) to be accurate across a greater range of speeds. Additionally, should the Raydata not be a ST50+ Raydata, then it may not be used with a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.

Q3. I have attached a proposed network drawing, would you please review and let me know if I have it correct or if I need or should change anything?
A3. Seem my opening comment.

Thanks,
Brian
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: System upgrade to new Axiom 9's, auto pilot, radar. - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-12-17 03:17 PM