Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is Axiom 9" 3d MFD and EV100 going to work for my kicker motor? Honda 8 hp
11-28-17, 12:24 PM
RE: is Axiom 9" 3d MFD and EV100 going to work for my kicker motor? Honda 8 hp
Ray18,

In order to steer the kicker, the kicker would need to be connected to the outboard motor via a steering bar. The EV100 would not be applicable to this vessel. As the vessel is equipped with hydraulic steering, an autopilot featuring an autopilot hydraulic pump would be used. Autopilot hydraulic pump selection (which in turn determine the model of ACU required) is based upon the cubic capacity of the steering ram. Unfortunately, the Baystar hydraulic HK4200-A3 is not listed among the capacity specifications posted by SeaStar. Accordingly, it would be necessary to obtain this information by examining the capacity information stamped on the hydraulic ram before being able to recommend Evolution autopilot components. As indicated within the FAQ found herehere, the vessel speed will need to be maintained between 3 to 15 kts during its cruise to determine deviation and vessel handling characteristics.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: is Axiom 9" 3d MFD and EV100 going to work for my kicker motor? Honda 8 hp - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-28-17 12:24 PM