Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change the MFD E80 // I do not know what I have to buy
12-01-17, 12:34 PM
RE: Change the MFD E80 // I do not know what I have to buy
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Fedekat,

Please note that while the DSM300 is not compatible with Raymarine's recently introduced Axiom / Axiom Pro MFDs, it is compatible with Raymarine's MFDs which were designed to run LightHouse II software (e.g. the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs).
In this case, a 9" e-Series MFD or a 9" eS-Series MFD would be recommended as a replacement for the E80 MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, the currently installed radome and its cable must be replaced. The remaining items which you have listed/shown within your photo may be adapted to be interfaced to an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD. As the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs do not support calibration of a SHS, any associated linearization or alignment would need to be performed via the autopilot's control head.

At the time of this response, Raymarine's On-Line Store was selling remanufactured e95 MFDs at a significant discount. The SeaTalkhs cable which is currently interfacing the E80's Ethernet communications interface to the DSM's E may be adapted with an A80160 RayNet (F) to SThs (F) Socket Adaptor Cable to instead be mated to the Ethernet Network socket of an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Change the MFD E80 // I do not know what I have to buy - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-01-17 12:34 PM