The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Axiom Pro Transducer and Chart Considerations
12-31-17, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-18 03:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Axiom Pro Transducer and Chart Considerations
I am considering upgrading my C140W system to the Axiom Pro line. For the time being, I plan to continue using the existing depth / temperature transducer, an Airmar B164(MM) connected to a DSM30. I would like to eliminate the DSM30 however the existing transducer cable is not long enough to reach the MFD.

1) Am I correct in assuming I can extend the existing transducer cable with an E66010 and that the extension will connect directly to an RVX Pro using the A80489 pigtail adapter?

2) Is there a maximum recommended length of cabling connecting a traditional transducer such as the B164 directly to an Axiom Pro?

The boat has upper and lower helms with a C140W at each. If I installed a Pro RVX (w/NAG) at the lower helm as per above, then it would seem installing an S variant at the upper helm would be advantageous from a price and flexibility viewpoint.

3) Are there any technical issues mixing variants?

4) What are the main considerations in choosing between the base S and the S w/LNC for the second helm in this scenario?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] Axiom Pro Transducer and Chart Considerations - jwasko - 12-31-17 12:56 PM