The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Linking Classic E120 system to EV 200
01-29-18, 10:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-18 11:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Linking Classic E120 system to EV 200
After successfully installing a new EV 200 auto pilot last year I didn't have much luck trying to interphase it to the older Path Finder displays I have onboard. With help from this forum I believe I had done everything right using the Sea Talk to Sea Talking converter, etc. OK, I give up.

I also have a second system onboard consisting of two E series MFD's that I guess I'm going to try to utilize this year instead. (for the record, I really preferred the Path Finders chart plotter over the E series. That's the only reason my first attempt was to link those with the new pilot)

My E Series system consists of a: E120 (used as a master) E80 (used as a repeater) DSM 300 fish finder, RS 125 GPS, SR100 weather and a SeaTalkhs network switch. Everything works great.

What is the correct procedure to share/ link what information my Classic E Series has with my new EV 200? I believe I have to use Raymarine cable A06061 and connect that to the E series Seatalk 2 port in the back of the unit. Does it matter if it is connected to the 120 master or the E80 repeater? I'm guessing master. And the other end, the white Seatalking connector, do I just plug that in to the EV 200 cabling backbone in a available white receptacle? I don't use that Seatalking converter for this set up, correct? Assuming this is all correct, is it ready to go as soon as I plug it in or do I have to go into the E Series menu and turn something on to make the Seatalking 2 port active (I thought I had read you had to do that somewhere) One final question, how do I handle powering the Seatalk 2/ Seatalking system? I also thought I had read the E series provides power thru the Seatalk 2 port but my EV 200 is already providing power to my Seatalking backbone?

Thanks - Walt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] Linking Classic E120 system to EV 200 - Walt - 01-29-18 10:49 PM