The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) Type 300 compatibility question
02-13-18, 06:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-18 07:23 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) Type 300 compatibility question
Hello-

We have a backup autopilot system that consists of a Type 300 computer, a ST7000 head and a Type ii linear drive. The unit is not interfaced to our primary SeatalkNG network and is only a backup that would be required to hold a heading. The head unit has died and I am wondering what heads are compatible with the old 300 course computer. There are some ST7001 heads available on ebay, and I think I recall reading that they are compatible, but not 100% certain. Using a more modern head unit (like the p70 we have for our primary system), is appealing in case we ever upgrade the 300 course computer, but again, not certain how backwards compatible they are.

As a separate issue, the rudder reference has also died. Is the Type 300 computer able to work without a rudder reference input like the more modern course computers?

Cheers- Matt
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
(DG) Type 300 compatibility question - Perry123 - 02-13-18 06:05 AM