The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) Rotating mast, Tacktick wireless and EV-100
03-06-18, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-19 10:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) Rotating mast, Tacktick wireless and EV-100
Hi folks,
I am buying a boat with existing Tacktick equipment (T910 triducer, T121 hull transmitter, T120 wind transmitter, T112 wind analog display, T110 single display). The boat does not have an autopilot and I wish to add a tiller pilot. The Raymarine EV-100 tiller pilot system seems to fit the bill.

I am thinking that I need to get the EV-100 tiller system (sensor, ACU, tiller drive and p70s) and the Micro-Talk Wireless Performance Sailing Gateway - is this right? The gateway simply goes onto the SeaTalkng backbone as a spur and feeds the wind and speed information to the pilot (and to a Raymarine MFD as a later purchase).

Just to complicate things, the boat has a rotating mast and, ideally but not as an absolute necessity, the system would correct for this. Raymarine do not appear to have brought out their own wireless mast rotation sensor to replace the Tacktick T221 but I can still get my hands on a T221 sold as new. Am I able simply to add the Tacktick mast rotation sensor to get a fully functional tiller pilot system with wind vane mode? I've been told that the T221 can even act as a repeater station to help pass information from the T120 at the masthead to the Microtalk Gateway and to the T112.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
(DG) Rotating mast, Tacktick wireless and EV-100 - artemidorus - 03-06-18 02:21 AM