Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) Rotating mast, Tacktick wireless and EV-100
11-07-19, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-19 12:51 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG11] Rotating mast, Tacktick wireless and EV-100
Hi Derek,

thanks for your reply.

I tried many times to get the Micronet digital display unit to do a deviation calibration manoeuvre using only the heading input from the EV-1 via the Microtalk Gateway, and it would never activate the manoeuvre, even though I could always see the heading on the display. I was only able to activate the manoeuvre for the first time when I borrowed a T121 and a CHT.

After I had my own T121 and CHT, I could only make the deviation calibration start if the Microtalk Gateway was turned off. I did an experiment, repeatedly switching the MG on and off, and the calibration would only initiate when the MG was off.

So, politely, I have to question last year's suggestion that the wind indicator system on my rotating mast will function with the EV-1 and the MG. I certainly would concede that it may work with a heading input from the EV-1, transmitted to the Micronet via the T122/ Actisense converter rather than the MG, and I intend to give that a try when I'm next on the boat. The MRS manual states clearly that the T122 can be used to provide the heading input for the deviation calibration manoeuvre.

Do you think that if I disconnect the CHT, then I may fix my needle flipping problem, as there would then be only one source of heading data on the Micronet, coming from the EV-1?

Regards,
Nick.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DG11] Rotating mast, Tacktick wireless and EV-100 - artemidorus - 11-07-19 02:10 AM