The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] axiom 9 versus axiom 9 pro
03-25-18, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-18 03:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] axiom 9 versus axiom 9 pro
i just recently installed the RV-220 transducers on my 30' pursuit express. i use the boat for fishing. i am replacing my A series with then new axiom, i am leaning towards the pro. i am also looking at the possibility of upgrading the radar, i have the rd418d model. i am unsure if it will be compatible with the axiom and or axiom pro. my budget is limited as i initially was only going to replace the a series, but then when the boat bottom was being painted i started the upgrade.

obviously radar's main use is safety, but i have heard it can be used to locate flocks of birds. i have looked for user manuals on the radar units and cannot find them, even the new blurb on the raymarine website about finding birds does not list any models or any other sort of link to direct you to a product line etc.

thus i am asking two questions, going forward if i decide or need to upgrade the radar, is there a difference in the axiom versus the axiom pro and which radar domes have the capability to detect birds, its is my understanding that higher power open aray is best. but can my rd418d locate them? or what other lower priced models would be best suited to do so with the upcoming purchase of the new axiom model i will be soon getting.

thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] axiom 9 versus axiom 9 pro - veryluckyjohn - 03-25-18 01:39 PM