The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] e97 down and side vision?
03-28-18, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-18 11:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] e97 down and side vision?
I currently have a Raymarine e97 hybrid touch chart plotter in my boat which is a 2014 Monterey 34SY cruiser. Can I get my unit to display a down vision and side vision screens as I see on some of the newer units? My fish finder screens do show me the bottom but not with the great detail I see today. I do not fish very much but live on a man-made lake in upstate NY that has many shallow spots and also many underground obstacles like stone walls and old foundations, tree stumps and so on from when the area was flooded many years ago to make the lake. I would love a better view of the bottom and what these obstacles and structures look like. The lake is only about 55 feet deep at its deepest point and typically you are in 10-25 feet or less. It’s often tough as you see rocks when you go into these areas sometimes and you need to lift your engines quickly or back up. My current setup integrates with my Axius Joystick system and the mercury vessel view monitors I have (1 for each engine). Would I need simply a different transducer than what I have. My book says I have a clear view /traditional through hull transducer. Can 2 transducers hook to my e97 unit ? as I would like to keep the existing one working as it does work great. Any help you can give me is appreciated or any recommendation of what I might need to buy as far as a new transducer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] e97 down and side vision? - fclemente695 - 03-28-18 08:58 PM