The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues With e7D and RayRemote App
04-06-16, 12:59 PM
Issues With e7D and RayRemote App
Just got my e7D and learning how to use it. Not installed on the boat yet; unit on 12V power supply in my workshop.
Installed RayControl app on my tablet and it seems to be working fine. I can scroll, change displays, change scales, check GPS status etc.
RayControl is not an option for my phone, so I installed the closest in functionality (RayRemote). It is behaving very strangely. When I started the app, the mfd was displaying a chart and the phone connected and picked up on that just fine. I selected home and got there as expected. The fun started when I tried to get back to the chart. Without knowingly asking for things, settings and functions seemed to change without asking for them. For instance, touch lock got turned on, I got into a configuration mode I didn't want, other unwanted functions, all seemingly at random. Eventually I got a message saying that it couldn't stream anymore and it wouldn't reconnect. This has happened twice. The only way out I could find to get going again was to power down the mfd, disconnect 12V for a few seconds and then start up again.
phone: MPIE MP707 MTK6582 Quad Core, Android 4.0.3
For the moment I've uninstalled the RayRemote app. I might try RayView.
Anyone else had similar issues?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Issues With e7D and RayRemote App - robertdungan - 04-06-16 12:59 PM