Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S-1000 terminology
06-24-16, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-16 08:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: S-1000 terminology
Hi, I'm sorry you found my question unclear. I can could copy page 26 of the s1000 installation manual, and then copy the Garmin 741xs wiring diagram, but you already did that. The + and - ve in connections to the S1000 are clear. I wired it exactly as you instructed, and the setup test only allowed the steering to turn starboard. I thought you might have an idea, that's all.

I reviewed this with the only Yamaha "MASTER" mechanic in the state...and he confirmed the pump and hydraulics were correctly connected", functional, etc.

I was trying to find out if their could be another cause for the computer not to signal " turn to port" ( the S1000 computer)" . The only thing I have to offer is that people should always disconnect both harnesses (the sender and receiver) before doing the delicate connections on such narrow ( AWG 22-26 ) tinted wire.

I greatly appreciate your time. You guys are patient gentlemen/gentlewomen. However, I do think it is possible that the interconnectivity of many different manufacturers products may be a bit overstated, even today. I still recommend going with one or the other.

I was the NMFS representative at the American Fishing Tackle Association's ( new name now, same organization) annual conventions around the Country from 1988- 1998 & had the pleasure of meeting and knowing Daryl Lowrance and the former Raymarine president as well.

I can solve this myself with time and $. I think an objective view is this site is the most productive and friendly on the Inet.
Tight lines.......all friends,
Rich Wheeler ( retired Ex. Dir. Marine Fisheries Advisory Service, NMFS/NOAA)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
S-1000 terminology - Captrichie - 04-06-16, 02:50 PM
RE: S-1000 terminology - Captrichie - 04-07-16, 11:15 AM
RE: S-1000 terminology - Captrichie - 06-24-16 07:38 PM
RE: autopilot wiring - Captrichie - 12-02-16, 03:00 PM