Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] Stern drive AXIOM RV transducer installation
05-20-18, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-18 10:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Stern drive AXIOM RV transducer installation
Thanks Chuck for the analysis.
Yes, I had thought about moving back the water intakes as a potential solution, but not for very long, as I am anxious about the number of holes in the hull that would result.
What I am revisiting, though, is replacing the existing Airmar 50/200 kHz thru hull transducer w/ a RV-200. As can be seen w/ the two attached pics, there is a flat area in the hull that is about 3” in diameter where the Airmar transducer is installed. Now, if the Airmar transducer and flange, which is the outer of the two rings, were removed, the flat area would no longer be level with the keel. But a boat builder, who looked at the area today, believes that he could manufacturer a spacer that would bring up that 3” diameter area to be level with the keel again, so that when the RV-200 is installed in that area the top of the RV-200 would be level with the bottom of the keel, but would not be flush. There would be gaps between the hull and the RV-200 on both sides of the keel. The diameter of the RV-200 is greater than that of the Airmar by 3/8” but that would not be a problem. Would there be any problems with such an installation?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
SeaBat
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Stern drive AXIOM RV transducer installation - SeaBat - 05-20-18 07:07 PM