Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Updated Lighthouse to 3.4.66 - no longer able to view Navionics charts!
05-23-18, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-18 09:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Updated Lighthouse to 3.4.66 - no longer able to view Navionics charts!
The resolution of this is that the Navionics chart card somehow got damaged when I took it out or reinserted it, even though I was as careful as I could be with it. When I plugged it into my laptop, it could not be read. I could have sworn when I first had this problem I checked my other chart card for Mexico and found it to not work either, but I must have been mistaken, because it now works. So I obtained a replacement US chart from Raymarine and we are back to normal.

If I could extend my question a bit further now, I am concerned about backing up my chart data. I understand that the charts are keyed to the serial number of the card, so I can't really back up my charts to another card and use it. I did notice on my damaged card, I could in fact reformat it, and it appears to be perfectly functional now. If I had backed up the data on it to begin with, could I then restore it and have it work, or does the reformatting erase the serial number or whatever?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread