The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] S1 computer with SeatalkNG heading/gyro input
06-25-18, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-18 09:24 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] S1 computer with SeatalkNG heading/gyro input
Hi,
I currently have a S1 autopilot computer connected to a C90W MFD and ST60+ instruments via Seatalk1. Heading information is provided to the system via a NMEA0183 compass wired directly to the autopilot. There is no gyro in the system currently.

I have the following questions about replacing the NMEA0183 compass with a modern SeatalkNG/NMEA2000 sensor pack (Raymarine EV-1 or equivalent):
1) If I connect the compass to the C90W via SeatalkNG, will the autopilot receive the heading information from the C90W via Seatalk1? Alternatively, could I connect the autopilot to the SeatalkNG network via a Seatalk1-SeatalkNG adapter to receive this info?
2) Is the S1 autopilot capable of receiving gyroscopic rate information via Seatalk or NMEA0183, or is the only method of enabling this functionality to use a gyroscopic sensor wired directly to the corresponding input on the computer?

Thanks,
Steve
J37 "Monomoit"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] S1 computer with SeatalkNG heading/gyro input - SV_Monomoit - 06-25-18 08:50 AM