The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Unable to update Axiom from SD
07-01-18, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-18 01:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Unable to update Axiom from SD
For the last several releases it seems I have been unable to update my Axioms from their SD card slot. What happens is I select the update to perform on the local MFD, it reboots, and the recovery screen appears with the message: Upgrade verification failed. Please confirm the files are not corrupted.

See https://youtu.be/VF2TCvXy2OI

I can however upgrade every other component from my network from this card in this MFD, including the other Ethernet-connected Axiom. So what I wind up doing is:

-- Insert card into MFD 1. Upgrade MFD 2 and all other connected components from MFD1 .
-- Move card to MFD 2. Upgrade MFD 1 from MFD 2.

A pain because the card slot on MFD 2 is not readily accessible.

The SD card is properly formatted as FAT32 and can seemingly be read by the LH3 software, but not by the boot loader/recovery process/local install process/whatever.

In thinking this through it occurs to me the SD card was created and the .iso files loaded on a Mac. Examining the contents of the card on a Windows VM reveals the Mac placed some hidden files on the card that evidently confuse the boot loader/recovery process/local install process/whatever, though LH3 can handle them.

Ideally the boot loader/recovery process/local install process/whatever should handle Mac-created updated cards. i haven't had a Windows PC for years and just keep a Windows VM capability for strange cases like this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Unable to update Axiom from SD - danderer - 07-01-18 12:50 PM