The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] GPM400 to Axiom Pro upgrade/retrofit
07-16-18, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-18 12:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] GPM400 to Axiom Pro upgrade/retrofit
Existing
-Dual Raymarine G Series Processors
-Dual 15" Ambient Nav Daylight Displays Helm
-Dual 12" Sunlight KepM/Raymarine Displays Flybridge
-Wireless G series keyboard at Helm and Flybridge
-Raymarine G series SuperHD 4kw 4' Open Array Radar
-Raymarine DSM300 depth/fish finder
-Airmar BL744VL Transducer
-Raymarine SR100 Sirius weather/radio
-Raymarine VPM400 Video distribution module
-Raymarine Class B AIS module
-Raymarine ST70 multifunction display Helm and Flybridge
-Simrad RS8700 VHF dual stations with speaker
-Raymarine SPX-30 Autopilot with flybridge/helm ST70 autopilot control heads.
-Hynautic T2 pumps
-Raymarine rudder feedback

So thats my equipment list. . . some older outdated models that I’d like to look at updating . . This is for a dual helm setup (flybridge and main). Both are driven with external monitors right now which will be changed out to the new touchscreen models.

Looking at the Axiom Pro 16” RVX for lower, and Axiom Pro 12 for upper. Some of the units are no longer compatible. I believe the BL744VL will interface directly with the Axiom Pro RVX with adapter cable by removing the DSM300, so that should be fine.

I imagine I’ll have to get the HS5 network switch and interface that with the HSS switch to interface the two. But if I bring just one Axiom Pro 16 online, will the dual GPM400 have to be completely disconnected when I do that ? Or can they coexist on the same HS5/HSS Raynet, STng network ? It seems like I have to do a hard disconnect when that happens - well certainly with the direct transducer connection into the Axiom (does the Axion put that information back onto the NG network for the older GPM400’sn to get ?).

I’m also replacing the Simrad 8700 with the Raymarine 260 with AIS but thats an easy job.

From my research here, the SPX-30 autopilot and the SuperHD radar appear to be compatible with the Axiom Pro as well. One is on NG and the other I think is on the SeatalkHS.

Not terribly worried about the SR100 or the VPM400.

Any other thoughts and caveats I should be aware of ?

Also, I see the Axiom XL 16 just got released. Is there a compelling reason to choose one over the other (Axiom Pro vs Axiom XL). One looks to have some knobs and entry mechanisms while the other is for a totally enclosed bridge ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] GPM400 to Axiom Pro upgrade/retrofit - anthem - 07-16-18 11:39 AM