Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] 2006 E120 with Radar
07-21-18, 03:05 AM
RE: [TG11] 2006 E120 with Radar
(07-19-18 06:57 PM)Tom - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Hello Popeye,

1. No, I'm sorry to say that there's no way to get a Quantum to talk to anything earlier than Lighthouse2 displays, and in fact Quantum 2 will only work with Lighthouse 3. The earlier displays' software, pre-dating the Quantum, wouldn't recognise it as a radar.

2. The best place to install a transducer is forward of the keel if at all possible because of the turbulence that can come off the keel and disrupt the sounder performance.

3. I don't know any detail about the Interphase, but I thought that they had a composite video output that was commonly connected to E-series Classic generation displays. Maybe that's why you can't find a screen on-board.

4. I don't know about a can, but I have a bag of Woolies' finest in the office 'fridge for emergencies.

Tom

Thanks for that Tom, I managed to get the interphase forward looking sonar to work, it is excellent for manouveing around small reefs in the Great Barrier Reef. I got the Ray down vision transducer as a present from my son after I bought an Axiom 12 so I am thinking of having both the forward vision and the Ray down vision. (all my christmases have come at once).

Question:
The forward sonar has dome like transducers just forward of the keel and one on each hull (the boat is a Cat) if I mount the Ray transducer forward of the interphase transducers will I experience interference between the different transducers. If so the only other option is to mount the Ray transducers just aft of the rudder. The Ray transducer I have is the bronze thru hull type not the R100 which are usually mounted on the transom of trailable boats.
Your thoughts please Tom
Popeye
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] 2006 E120 with Radar - popeye46 - 07-19-18, 06:23 AM
RE: [TG11] 2006 E120 with Radar - popeye46 - 07-21-18 03:05 AM