Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom/Pro seawater temp source.
04-04-19, 07:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-19 10:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Photo RE: [CA11] Axiom/Pro seawater temp source.
I still have this problem, and have not been able to resolve it--to briefly recap, the network refuses to use either transducer for a seawater temp source with the engine ignition on. It will read from the B175M, or RV-100, with the ignition off. Once ignition is on, message comes up in the Transducer settings that "this is not the preferred source"
I've done all I can, tried every combination of options available in the network settings. It appeared that the actual temp reading was orinally coming from the Airmar ST-63 paddlewheel/temp sender that comes included with the Mercury motor package. This had not been installed, and was sitting loose in the outboard well, hence reading OAT rather than water. So I disconnected it, trying to get the transducer to read preferred. This then gave me a temp reading of minus 34.7 deg C. with the ignition on. So I reinstalled it, this time removing the paddlewheel and mounting the sender on top of a trim tab. Now it reads 0 deg C with the ignition on.
I have tried disconnecting both the Air Temp and paddlewheel sensors, and the result is still the same.
It would be much easier if there was an option to select Temp amongst the data sources, but there is none. In the FAQ's, it states the Seatalk ng is top priority for water temp--this is also how the Motor communicates with the network, so it would appear I have run out of options, short of turning off my ignition, or going into the transducer settings menu, to get a seawater temp reading?
Again, it would be much easier if the option of manually selecting a Temp source was available.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Axiom/Pro seawater temp source. - ranmar850 - 04-04-19 07:56 PM