The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] eS78 Shutdown and Voltage
08-22-18, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-18 10:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] eS78 Shutdown and Voltage
I have an eS78 Multifunction Display and Quantum WiFi Pulse Compression Radar Value Pack. I installed this package a year ago replacing a C70 system with radar. I use the wireless connectivity between radar and MFD which seems to work flawlessly.

Lately, when I power down the eS78 by holding the power button through the countdown, the MFD goes through the usual power down sequence, but then restarts rather than shutting off. The process repeats itself no matter how many times I shut it down. The only "solution" is to turn the boat's battery switch off for a number of seconds then switch it back on. Even doing this, the eS78 sometimes powers back up. How can I correct this condition?

Secondly, I often get the message that the transducer doesn't have enough voltage. This typically happens when I have shut down the boat's engine and am solely relying on the two house batteries. I should have plenty of voltage (even the voltage display indicates over 12 volts (never below the minimum required 10.8 volts). What could be causing this condition?

Thank you for the help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] eS78 Shutdown and Voltage - TexasPilot71 - 08-22-18 04:29 PM