The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ITC-5 for i70s
09-12-18, 07:00 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-18 02:14 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ITC-5 for i70s
Dear All,

Hello it's my first post, I just ordered an i70s sailing kit for my sailing boat.
The kit is almost reaching my door as I am writing these line and now looking more in depth at the documentation. I see a note that it will have trouble connecting a compass to the ITC-5! although the "heading" information is clearly visible on the advertisment picture of the i70s....

"Raymarine Retired Product
The Fluxgate Compass is now retired and no longer supported. All instances here are for reference purposes only."

I looked a bit around and apparently any solution to provide actual heading is worth almost as much as the whole kit! And the ITC-5 document nor the note is pointing to any suitable price worthy alternatives.

I see that some raymarine fluxgates are still available on ebay for under 100$ would they still work? And if so what is the problem with them? Why was it retired and what solution will raymarine to offer so that the brand new i70s would be able to display heading on a small sail boat? without adding expensive heading solutions.

Thank you in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] ITC-5 for i70s - sailshade - 09-12-18 07:00 AM
RE: ITC-5 for i70s - sailshade - 09-12-18, 03:10 PM
RE: [CA11] ITC-5 for i70s - sailshade - 09-12-18, 06:53 PM