Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue
10-10-18, 12:37 PM
RE: [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue
Q1. *the Raytheon wind instrument needs to be replaced with the i60,
*the Tri-data needs to be replaced with the i50
*the ST-STng converter is defunct but possibly wouldn't need replacing if we upgrade everything?
*the MFD (Raymarine A98) is fine
*the Raymarine radar system is fine (tested on the MFD and appears to be working)
*the Raytheon 'Multi-Display' that we have inside at the nav station does not work at all- would this need to be replaced with the i70?
A1. As the MFD is able to communicate with the ST-STng Converter I concur that the MFD's STng/NMEA 2000 communications circuitry would appear to be operational. I concur that the ST-STng Converter would no longer be required if replacing ST60 instruments with currently manufactured instruments. Instead, the new i50 Tridata, i60 Wind, i70S MFID, and MFD would each be interfaced as a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Should the autopilot be replaced with an Evolution autopilot system, then each of the Evolution autopilot system's devices having a SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications interface would also be interfaced as a spur to the aforementioned SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

Q2. Lastly, as the Raytheon type 100/300 autohelm backbone is done for, I assume it cannot be replaced since it is old technology. What would be your suggestion here? Would the entire autopilot need to be replaced, or is there a way we can keep some of the hard-to-install components of our current autohelm and get it working again? We believe the drive unit that we have is a linear drive type 2 (short).
A2. Indeed, Raymarine's Product Repair Center can no longer service the 100/300 autopilot course computer and your STxxxx autopilot control head. In order to determine which type of Evolution autopilot would be correct for your application, it would be necessary for your to verify the model of autopilot linear drive which is presently installed onboard the vessel. If it is a Type 1 Linear Drive, then T70155 EV-200 Sail would be recommended. If it is a Type 2 Linear Drive, then T70161 EV-400 Sail would be recommended. If operational, then the currently installed rudder transducer may also be retained and used with the new autopilot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-10-18 12:37 PM