Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue
10-11-18, 08:35 AM
RE: [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue
svbloom,

Q1a. In upgrading the control heads for the tri-data and wind, I understand that we would need to re-wire with new STng data cables- correct?
A1. Please note that Raymarine no longer produces control heads which are compatible with the Type 100/300 autopilot course computers. If seeking to continue use of the currently installed autopilot course computer, then it would be necessary to seek a second hand ST6xxx or ST7xxx autopilot control head. While it is not necessary to install the i50 and i60 instruments in a manner which would support SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications with the backbone, it would be considered to be a best installation practice ... particularly given that the system features a MFD having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 interface. This would be further recommended if the autopilot was replaced with an Evolution autopilot.

Q1b. Would we also need to redo all transducers?
A1b. Negative.

Q2. In upgrading the control head for the autohelm with the control computer (model 100/300) and the drive (model #DU080) do we need a converter of some kind? Does a new STng data cable also need to be run?
A1. See my response to Q1. The part number which you have supplied for the drive unit is not a Raymarine part number. Should you attach some photos of the drive unit and its identification plate / label, then we may be able to identify the drive unit and in turn identify an Evolution autopilot kit which may be used to replace the currently installed autopilot control head, course computer, and fluxgate compass.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-11-18 08:35 AM