Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue
11-07-18, 11:32 AM
RE: [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue
svbloom,

Q1. I did see your note about the AIS but I forgot to respond to it. The iCom AIS Receiver that we have is not Seatalk at all, so it has to interface directly to the MFD.
A1. Noted. Then it would be interfaced to the MFD's NMEA 0183 communications interface (Port 2 would typically be used for this purposes).

Q2. Can you tell me if the 'new' diagram I have done makes sense? Any suggestions?
A2. No diagram was included with your very last response. However, the one which was included with the yesterday evening's response looks good ... although it does not include recommendation of my last response.

Q3. Noted.
A3. The following FAQ may be helpful if the equipment is installed within binnacle pods: Best practices for chasing cables through binnacle / pedestal tubes.

Q4. If you recommend a Network Switch for easy expansion of the system later, then we will go with that. Where within this diagram would it be installed?
A4. The HS5 RayNet Network Switch will be installed below decks. The Digital Radar Cable will connected directly to one of the HS5 RayNet Network Switch's Ethernet (RayNet) sockets. The MFD will be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-07-18 11:32 AM