Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Ray240 VHF upgrade
10-23-18, 09:40 AM
RE: [CA11] Ray240 VHF upgrade
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rfarrington,

Q1. I think I need the following: E70492, a wireless 2nd station kit with active speaker and handset. What else?
A1. Assuming that you will desire to have independent VHF capabilities both at the boat's navigation station (known as the first station) and in the cockpit (second station), the T70434 Raymarine Ray90 Wireless second station pack and an A80543 Raymarine Ray90/91 Active Speaker will be required in addition to the E70492 RAY90.

Q2. Do I have to upgrade the RS130 with a GA150 as re-running the cable is a tedious job...? The Ray90 has an integral GPS as far as I can see...
A2. Installation of a GA150 may not be required. The RS130 GPS Sensor is designed to support SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications. As it is presently part of your system, it must presently be interfaced to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone which includes a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. As the RAY90 is also designed to support SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications, it may simply be connected to a spur socket within the backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable. Should your system's backbone not feature an unused spur socket, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing how one may add spur sockets to a backbone which has been comprised of SeaTalkng networking components.

Q3. Will I need to replace the existing Raymarine extension cabling between the transceiver and the cockpit or will the wireless functionality remove the need for it altogether?
A3. Other than supplying power to the Active Speaker, no cabling need be run to cockpit to support use of the Ray90 Wireless Handset & Active Speaker.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Ray240 VHF upgrade - Rfarrington - 10-19-18, 05:00 PM
RE: [CA11] Ray240 VHF upgrade - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-23-18 09:40 AM