Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Ray240 VHF upgrade
10-30-18, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-18 09:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Ray240 VHF upgrade
Rfarrington,

Q1. When I look online for retailers of the T70434, one website tells me that I will also require the T70433. Is this correct? I have no plans to add a third station...
A2. Negative. The supplied passive speaker and wired first station handset would typically be installed at the nav station. If seeking a non-wired solution for the second station (cockpit), a T70434 Ray90 Wireless second station pack and an A80540 Raymarine Wireless Expansion Hub would be required.

Q2. What’s the technical difference between the active and passive speaker?
A2. A passive speaker, more commonly referred to as a conventional speaker is powered from an external amplifier which is not part of the speaker itself. Such speakers will simply require that a two conductor cable be connected between the amplifier (in this case the VHF radio base station) and the speaker. Active speakers, more commonly referred to as powered speakers, feature an internal amplifier. Accordingly, such speakers will typically require a cable featuring four leads (2 power leads and two signal leads) to be connected to the speaker. In the case of the Ray90 active speaker, no signal leads are required, as the speaker will receive audio signal via Wi-Fi from the radio's wireless hub. Active speakers also feature a volume control knob.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Ray240 VHF upgrade - Rfarrington - 10-19-18, 05:00 PM
RE: [CA11] Ray240 VHF upgrade - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-30-18 09:40 AM