Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Seatalk AutoPilot and SeatalkNG AutoPilot
10-22-18, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-18 03:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Seatalk AutoPilot and SeatalkNG AutoPilot
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dave,

Q1a) Do I have the correct part numbers?
A1a) Given the specified hydraulic ram specifications, the T70330 EV-150 Hydraulic (includes EV-1 CCU, ACU-150, Type 1 Hydraulic Pump, and Autopilot Backbone Kit) would be recommended for vessels having a 12V power distribution system and the T70157 EV-200 Hydraulic (includes EV-1 CCU, ACU-200, Type 1 Hydraulic Pump, and Autopilot Backbone Kit) would be recommended for vessels having a 24V power distribution system.

Q1b, I am assuming that i can keep the existing rudder reference and hydraulic pump.
A1b. Yes. The existing rudder reference and hydraulic ram (assuming that the Teleflex BA150-7 steering ram (not pump) is what you actually meant).

Q2) Is there any Raymarine combo pack that includes these components?
A2. See the response to Q1.

Q3) Can I just use the bridging connector (looks like a 5-way connector with a yellow connector in the middle?
A3) The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter is not supported for use with Type 100/300 autopilot course computers. Accordingly, this is not an option.

Q4) Can I plug the Seatalk end of the interconnect cable into any Seatalk port, such as the 2nd port of the 650 control head?
A4) See the response to Q3.

Q5) Is there any difference in autopilot functionality between the 2 options?
A5) Evolution autopilot's are designed to be Raymarine's best ever performing autopilots an are regularly employed in applications where high winds and big seas are common. The improvements in performance are in large part attributed to the 9-axis sensor (EV-1 CCU) that monitors vessel motion in all three dimensions. Prior generations of autopilots only sensed vessel motion in one axis. Heading, rudder angle, and heel angle data will be provided to the system by the Evolution autopilot. When interfaced to the equipment which you have listed, radar overlay will be aligned using heading from the autopilot instead of COG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Seatalk AutoPilot and SeatalkNG AutoPilot - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-22-18 03:03 PM