Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrade C80 MFD to Axiom
11-08-18, 09:06 AM
RE: [CA11] Upgrade C80 MFD to Axiom
Billdownunder,

Q1. Do I require a R32120 cable to connect my GPS to the STNG back bone cable via E22158 converter kit?
A1. The unidentified model of GPS sensor would appear to have a SeaTalk communications interface per the method by which it is presently installed. Such GPS sensors had cables which terminated in bare leads. If seeking to interface the new equipment in a manner in which each product would be terminated with a plug, then the GPS sensor's cable would be spliced to a D229 1m SeaTalk Cable having a press-fit 3-pin SeaTalk plug on on end and bare leads on the other end of the cable. Alternatively, you may create such a cable from one of the currently installed SeaTalk Cables. This cable assembly would then be plugged into a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block to which the SeaTalk To SeaTalkng Converter Cable would also be connected. Alternatively, the aforementioned parts may be excluded and the SeaTalk To SeaTalkng Converter Cable may be spliced to the GPS Sensor's Cable.

Q2. Do I need to the same with the VHF radio?
A2. Negative. You may continue to provide GPS data to the Ray54E via the NMEA 0183 output port of the S2. That said, the best installation practice would call for the backbone to include an E70196 VHF NMEA 0183 to STng Converter Kit to supply the VHF radio with GPS data from the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. The latter practice would support providing GPS data to the VHF radio without regard to the power state of the autopilot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Upgrade C80 MFD to Axiom - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-08-18 09:06 AM