Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] A127 Needing Transducer Options
12-31-18, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-19 09:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] A127 Needing Transducer Options
Dave,

Q1. So one of the 'Digital Clearpulse Transducers', with a direct connection to the a127 would give me the digital sonar and second depth measurement indication I would think. For example the bronze B60 p/n E66088 would allow this (depth/temperature). And digital sonar would provide some degree of bottom contour and fish finding capability, probably less than the Chirp units. Can you confirm the above?
A1. This is indeed correct. However, should you find that pinging from the a127 MFD's fishfinder transducer interferes with the Tridata's ability to acquire/maintain bottom via its interfaced 200kHz transducer, then it would be recommended that the a127 MFD's fishfinder feature be configured to only ping on the 50kHz Sonar Channel

Q2. And it seems that all of the transducers have the same 600w rating and degrees of view.
A2. Fishfinder transducer cone angles vary based upon the transducer model and frequency (50kHz or 200kHz).

Q3. Do they all of the 600W units provide about the same quality of view of bottom contours?
A3. Negative. Transducer which are in direct contact with the water (thru-hull or transom mounted) will typically perform better than in-hull transducers. Transducers having great numbers of sense elements will have greater sensitivity (ex. it would be expected that an A80172 B258 or A80173 B164 will provide better performance than the other listed transducers ... even when driven at 600W).

Q4. Back to the existing TriData that I want to swap out for a current TriData i60 or just Depth i50 Instrument. I checked out the wiring instructions for the new units and they appear to be a drop in replacement for the old TriData. I realize that this is just a cosmetic upgrade but want to get all the instruments looking current. If I don't want to drill another [censored] in the hull, I am prepared to remove the speed sensor (water wheel) and use that [censored] for the Digital Clearpulse above. I don't boat in waters with high currents so I would not miss the waterwheel transducer, getting just speed over ground from the GPS. Then use the existing depth transducer and connect it to a new i50 depth unit giving me my first depth source of depth indication. Does this sound doable?
A4. Yes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] A127 Needing Transducer Options - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-31-18 01:44 PM