Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] i50/i60 upgrade
01-08-19, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-19 12:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] i50/i60 upgrade
Jim,

Per our phone conversation, it may be possible that SeaTalk connection between your autopilot course computer and the daisy chain of i50/i60 instruments may have been incorrectly wired. In splicing a SeaTalkng Spur Cable to a SeaTalk Cable, the splice would be accomplished as follows:
- SeaTalkng Spur Cable +12VDC lead (red) to SeaTalk +12VDC lead (red)
- SeaTalkng Spur Cable 0VDC lead (black) to SeaTalk 0VDC lead (shield)
- SeaTalkng Spur Cable Data lead (yellow) to SeaTalk Data lead (yellow)

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the pinout for SeaTalkng Spur Cables. This FAQ may be used as a reference to ensure that the instruments are receiving power. Please note that the i50/i60 instruments also feature a power button to control their power state. Should the instruments be supplied with power and then not switch ON when the power button is held pressed for two seconds, then it is possible that the instruments may have been damaged when the cable was cut. In case of the latter, the instruments may be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

With respect to interfacing ST50 Depth and ST50 Speed transducers to i50 Depth and i50 Speed instruments, the plugs from these transducers should be cut from the transducer cable. The sheathing should then be stripped back to reveal each cable's inner leads. These leads should feature the same color coding used by Raymarine's current line of analog depth and speed transducers, permitting them to be matched to the color coded terminals of the i50 instruments. Please see the picture below and note that the ST50 Depth and ST50 Speed instruments each featured a short permanently connected transducer cable dongle which terminated in a plug. It is not this cable which the plug should be removed from, but rather the transducers' cables.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2544]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] i50/i60 upgrade - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-08-19 12:03 PM