Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] E120w upgrade to e125 vs e127 e128
04-09-19, 10:28 AM
RE: [CA11] E120w upgrade to e125 vs e127 e128
Jose,

Q1)I have disconnected everything and I have connected only an external GPS to the network sealtalk ng 5-way Connector being used to interface the Es125 MFD, and it does not detect the GPS. Then, I have replaced the Es125 for the Es95 MFD, and it receives the GPS signal perfectly.
A1) Only a MFD which has been configured as the system's Data Master MFD will have an operational SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface. Should you have configured the eS125 as the system's Data Master MFD when performing the test of its SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface and the MFD not communicate with the GPS sensor, then the MFD would be deemed to have a faulty SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interace.

Q2)I have connected the radar and the DSM to the sealtalk hs (rj45) Switch that interfaces the Es125 MFD, and the cockpit navigation system does not communicate with the radar nor with the DSM. But If I swap to the Es95 cockpit MFD, this last one communicates with both of them.
3) I have unplugged the SeaTalkhs cable connecting the navigation station's MFD to the SeaTalkhs Network Switch from the switch and I have instead connected it to the port of the SeaTalkhs Network Switch which the cockpit MFD's cable is presently interfaced to. The Es125 MFD does not communicate with the radr transducer, neither with the DSM. But when connecting the another MFD (Es95), this one communicates perfectly.

So, I think that the seatalk hs network switch is deemed to be operational, since it works perfectly with the Es95. And the fault would be within the Es125 MFD seatalk hs cable or adapter.
A2. In none of the test cases specified, did you specify that the eS125 MFD was able to communicate with the radar transducer and DSM. It would be recommended that the eS125 be temporarily moved to the navigation station (the same power, Ethernet, and SeaTalkng cables used with the eS95 MFD would then be connected to the eS125 and the eS125 MFD would be configured as a Data Master MFD. Should the eS125 MFD be then able to communicate with the radar transducer and DSM, then the eS125 MFD's Ethernet communications interface would be deemed to be operational ... focus should then turn to the SeaTalkhs Cable and adapter used to connect the cockpit station the the SeaTalkhs Network Switch. Similarly, should the eS125 MFD be then able to communicate with the SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 network when tested as specified, then the eS125 MFD's SeaTalkng /NMEA 2000 communications interface would be deemed to be operational.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] E120w upgrade to e125 vs e127 e128 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-09-19 10:28 AM