The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual E120 Classic to e125 helm upgrade
05-01-16, 02:26 PM
Dual E120 Classic to e125 helm upgrade
Hi Chuck,
I am in the process of upgrading my original 2007 Sea Ray 44DA Raymarine installation:
- 2 E120 Classics
- 48" open array radar
(other components, some of which I hope to leave/reuse for the moment are autopilot ST-80, Sirius Weather SR50, simple depth sounder, 2 hardtop GPS).
I just purchase 2 e125s, adapter bezels and the HD open array radar.
Questions:
- I can not find a Raymarine wiring diagram for my boat in any Sea Ray downloads, as they all contain the prior SeaRay Navigator documentation, despite the fact that it is a complete Raymarine system. It would greatly help me in tracing wires to breakers and components if you could find it for me on your end, since you did all these boats routinely?
- assuming that I am not the first guy to upgrade a dual E120 system to e125s, is there an easy how to guide of what existing components and wiring I can leave in place and what has to be redone (e.g. new radar cable) or added?
- while not fishing, I would like to install the Downvision capability, but could not identify the matching components. I assume I need a CP100 (?) unit and a tilted transducer for my 19 degree deadrise hull, but I don't find compatible order parts in the selection charts. Can you help?
- what additional components like couplers, switches, specialty cable will I need?
- during transition (i.e. until next haul out, when i can do a new thru-hull transducer) can i still use my old depth sounder? Can I leave the old depth sounder as a redundant data source on the network?
- will my first generation Sirius Weather SR50 still work?
- the boat is equipped with Cummins' SmartCraft to monitor propulsion, fuel etc. Will this interface with the e125 system and how?
- we have satellite TV (currently a 2008 SeaTel). Can I split the coax cable based signal and route the TV signal to the e125's? Conversely, I assume I can route the e125 read-out to my TV's (through DVR, or input switch?) I got confused with the connection explanations in the eSeries manual.

I know, lot's of questions, but any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance
Heiri

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Dual E120 Classic to e125 helm upgrade - Mountain Boy at Sea - 05-01-16 02:26 PM