Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual E120 Classic to e125 helm upgrade
05-03-16, 12:39 PM
RE: Dual E120 Classic to e125 helm upgrade
Heiri,

Q3a: Got it, but why is for Downvision the 20% deadrise not material, eg. for depth? Am I overthinking this?
A3a. Raymarine does not offer tilted element DownVision thru-hull transducers. The high speed fairing block of the CPT-110 and CPT-120 is designed to be cut to compensate for the hull's dead rise (up to 25 deg) in the location where the transducer will be installed, thereby permitting the transducer's face to be oriented directly downward.

Q5/7a: I have a simple legacy Airmar plastic depth/temperature transducer, no frills, which per Sea Ray manual is connected to the Cummins/Mercury SmartCraft Stbd DCM module and SC5000 System View. However, I have read-out of both temp and depth on my E120s. Does this imply that my SmartCraft is interconnected with my SeaTalk x? As recommended, will touch base with Cummins. Again, your recommended post is very helpful!
A5/7a: it is quite possible the Raymarine system is interfaced to the Cummins/SmartCraft system if the transducer is interfaced directly to the Cummins/SmartCraft system and the MFD is reporting depth and temperature data.

Q6a: it is indeed a SR100 - therefore compatible. Is my assumption correct that I can connect directly to one of the e125 hs network inputs, and the weather data will be available on both e125s? Or do i need to go through a switch to have the same sharing effect?
A7a. The pair of e125 MFDs have a total of 4 Ethernet Network ports permitting the system to be interfaced to two other devices having an Ethernet interfaces without need for an Ethernet switch (i.e. HS5 RayNet Network Switch). In this case, a switch will be required as there are the additional devices having an Ethernet interface (SR100 Sirius Satellite Weather/Radio Receiver, HD Open Array Radar Pedestal, and CP100 CHIRP/DownVison Sounder Module)

Q9a: Autopilot is a ST 8002 as you suggested, and works fine. However, I don't know what course computer is installed at this time. I know I have a Fluxgate compass. Clue from the commissioning guide: Since I always use MARPA function on radar, seem to have G-functionality, my best guess is S2G or S3G. What's the relevance with regard to the E120 to e125 conversion?
A9a. The gating data item for Raymarine MFDs to access the MARPA Radar feature is heading data. The system makes no check for the data update rate of heading data within the system. While the system will permit MARPA Radar features from being used with 1Hz heading data (such as would be available via the autopilot course computer's SeaTalk port), 10Hz gyro stabilized heading is recommended for any who will be using the MARPA Radar feature. Should the vessel be equipped with a gyro equipped autopilot course computer as you have suggested, then it's NMEA 0183 Port 1 OUT terminals would need to be interfaced to the NMEA 0183 IN leads of one of the MFDs to supply the MFDs with 10Hz heading data.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dual E120 Classic to e125 helm upgrade - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-03-16 12:39 PM