Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Pro S transducer compatibility
03-04-19, 12:14 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro S transducer compatibility
cc driver,

Q1. My current sounder equipment consists of a C120W MFD with a DSM30 module and a B60 depth/temp transducer. I suspect that upgrading to a CHIRP system and specifically the Axiom Pro S MFD with a CPT-S transducer will be a significant improvement. Would you agree?
A1. I would expect that the performance of the Axiom Pro S when operated in the depths which you have specified would be very similar to that of the DSM30 w/B60 transducer. I would expect that the CPT-S would provide better imaging of the bottom and objects suspended within the water column.

Q2. Given the improvement mentioned above, what benefit would be gained by taking things a step further by adding a CP470 sounder with an appropriate transducer? I understand there would be more power output, but in terms of what I would see on the screen, would it be worth it? The majority of my fishing is done in shallow water and only occasionally am I fishing in water >100 feet.
A2. A CP470 would not be recommended for the specified operating depths.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro S transducer compatibility - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-04-19 12:14 PM